On 4 April 2013 04:37, Thijs Schreijer <[email protected]> wrote: > While installing penlight (this rockspec: > http://luarocks.org/repositories/rocks/penlight-1.1.0-1.rockspec ) I got > and error; “Error: Build error: Failed copying contents of 'lua' directory.” > > The cause was a lua source file not mentioned in the rockpec, nested in a > subdirectory (“platf”) only used by that file (“lua/pl/platf/luajava.lua”). > Apparently the “CP” command does copy files recursively, but it doesn’t > create the directory structure. So the rockspec doesn’t mention “platf”, so > luarocks doesn’t create the directory, and then “CP” command fails, without > an error.
I'm not 100% sure that this is behaving as intended. In any case, I committed a small change to improve the error message if that happens again. -- Hisham http://hisham.hm/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Minimize network downtime and maximize team effectiveness. Reduce network management and security costs.Learn how to hire the most talented Cisco Certified professionals. Visit the Employer Resources Portal http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/employer_resources/index.html _______________________________________________ Luarocks-developers mailing list [email protected] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/luarocks-developers
