On 24 Mar 2020, at 21:17, Nereus <codecomplete@free.fr> wrote: Hello, I'm getting started with Lua to write a simple scrip to edit all *.txt in a directory (eg. for file in glob("*.txt") do…). Apparently, this is not possible with basic Lua, and requires installing a module. After unzipping the Lua 5.3.5 binaries (http://luabinaries.sourceforge.net/download.html) and the Luarocks 3.3.1 binaries (http://luarocks.github.io/luarocks/releases/), I have the following files: c:\temp\lua> lua53.dll lua53.exe luac53.exe wlua53.exe luarocks-admin.exe luarocks.exe According to this thread <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49393378/trying-to-loop-through-directory-to-list-all-the-files-using-lua> , I need the luafilesystem module: c:\temp\lua>luarocks install luafilesystem Warning: Could not find Lua 5.3 in PATH. Modules may not install with the correct configurations. You may want to specify the path prefix to your build of Lua 5.3 using --lua-dir Installing https://luarocks.org/luafilesystem-1.7.0-2.src.rock Error: Failed finding Lua library. You may need to configure LUA_LIBDIR. ============= I'm also not clear at the difference between Lua, LuaRocks, and LuaDist. Is there a tutorial on how to get a basic Lua + Luarocks system up and running? Thank you. -- Sent from: http://lua.2524044.n2.nabble.com/Lua-l-f2524044.html