Sailor is an MVC web Framework written in Lua. When I decided to learn this language, I wanted to develop something real to speed up the learning curve, and then I started this as a kamikaze project. So far it's doing well and I wanted to share this with you.
It was originally built to run over Apache using mod_lua, but Felipe Daragon has been helping me with compatibility with other servers, among other features. It's already available for download through LuaRocks.
Our main features: * Integration with Lua Pages * Lua at client-side * Basic ORM * Controller routing * Validation * Basic form generation * Include, redirect, cookies, sessions, basic authentication and login * Theming/Layouts and Twitter Bootstrap integration * Email sending
Roadmap: * More safety measures and session manager review * Integration with mod_lua's DB API and DB module refactor * Compatibility with DBs other than MySQL * More features and improvements to our ORM and form generator