[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index]
[Thread Index]
- Subject: Re: Lua semantic higlighting for Vim [Was: Re: Lua Semantic Highlighting for Emacs]
- From: Peter Odding <peter@...>
- Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 16:02:16 +0200
Seems, I've found some issue with luainspect, the script[1] and output[2] in
HTML and Vim. It seems, like it's more luainspect issue, so I hope David
follows this thread also :-)
1. http://ynezz.true.cz/luainspect/test.lua
2. http://ynezz.true.cz/luainspect/li.jpg
Thanks for the bug report. I encountered the same bug recently [1]:
Bug: When you add some empty lines to the start of a Lua buffer the highlighting breaks! I haven't tracked this down completely yet but it looks to be a bug somewhere deep down inside of Metalua or LuaInspect :-|
I have verified that luainspect.vim and luainspect4vim.lua pass the
correct code to LuaInspect without stripping leading empty lines or such
nonsense. The strange thing is that the bug doesn't seem to be caused by
my plug-in, but at the same time LuaInspect inside SciTE doesn't show
the bug! Maybe the line/column info in the AST isn't correct with
leading comments, and scite.lua corrects this while my plug-in doesn't...
I'll carefully read through scite.lua one more time in the hope that I
find what I'm missing :-)
- Peter Odding
[1] http://github.com/xolox/vim-lua-inspect/blob/master/TODO.md