|
|
||
|
I've been happily using my Lua + C bit string module in various Unix
environments. Now I'd like to add it to test code under Windows, using
LfW and os.execute() when any of our external programs are needed. Most
of what I need is already present (and working) in LfW; I just need to
compile my bstring C code in a manner suitable for use with it. We still
use VC++ 6.0 but I will happily download one of the Microsoft Express
packages.
I'd appreciate a link to a quick how-to for building LfW-compatible DLLs
and Lua modules. A pointer to the build process for one of the included
libraries will probably suffice.
I didn't see any developer info in the documentation for LfW 5.4.1.30
nor at http://luaforwindows.luaforge.net/. It's certainly possible that
I missed it. I had remembered a more recent discussion, but the latest
message that I found using the lual-l archive search was:
http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2008-08/msg00298.html
Are the instructions mentioned above still applicable? I see only
VC++-2008 Express at the referenced Microsoft web site (for convenience,
it's http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/2005, but that's
redirected). Do I use 2008, somehow targeted for the 2005 run-time?
By the way, I have found LfW to be excellent. I love the debugging
capability. I only wish I had Emacs integrated with it - or an Emacs
mode in the Scite editor. At least I can use the File -> Revert to get
changes when I use Emacs for longer editing sessions. I've been bitten
once by the fact that Ctrl-S (or File -> Save) does not check whether
the file on disk has changed since the last time it was opened/saved by
Scite.
Thanks for an outstanding piece of free software!