lua-users home
lua-l archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]


Rici Lake wrote:
In a spurt of energy over Easter, I wrote a simple console-based debugger for Lua, which I hope will prove useful.

Interesting. I also have the one by Dave Nichols <http://luaforge.net/projects/clidebugger/>, but have yet to test both...

Recently, I came accross the DBGp protocol: http://xdebug.org/docs-dbgp.php
I found only one message about it in the Lua mailing list: http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2006-01/msg00014.html

It seems quite useful mature, I am surprised nobody tried to make a debugger based on this. With LuaSocket, it shouldn't be too hard... I remember there was a community-based remote debugger project, but I don't know what happened to it. I know there is http://www.keplerproject.org/remdebug/ but I didn't tried it either...

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France
--  http://Phi.Lho.free.fr
--  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --